Tuesday, October 5, 2010

M.A.C. Attack

M.A.C. loves a good collaboration – they’ve done a M.A.C. Barbie collection, a M.A.C. Hello Kitty collection, and regularly team up with famous females like Lady Gaga and the gothtastic goddess Dita Von Teese for their Viva Glam collection. Now, they’ve partnered with Disney to offer cosmetics in some truly gothtastic colors, featuring your favorite Disney Villainesses (and one Villain), M.A.C. Venomous Villains.

Maleficent being one of my favorite animated characters of all time, I was excited to see they are offering both a nearly black plum colored lipstick and matching lip glass (lip gloss taken to the next level) adorned with her likeness. (I actually have the lip glass in “Wrong Spell” on order – I’ll do a review when it comes in.)

Besides touting fun packaging, the makeup collections reflect the characters – for example, the Maleficent collection is a whole coordinated grouping of eye shadows and lip colors in rich greens and purples, while Cruella De Vil is more reds and browns. They also have a pretty fun website set up for the collection which includes suggestions on looks using the various cosmetics together.

It’s certainly pricier than the Manic Panic collection I told you about before, but so far I’ve been pretty impressed with M.A.C.’s quality. I picked up a black lipstick from their last goth themed collection and it’s become my favorite thanks to it’s creamy texture and staying power. A similar lipstick with a saucy Maleficent design? Even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment